This is the effective protection zone, in which the laser scanner assures the detection of any obstacle having a minimum reflectivity to infrared light of 1.8%. This means any human body in any possible clothing.
The occupation of this zone causes the switching of the two safety outputs that control the emergency stopping of the machine.
The shape of the zone can be programmed according to the application requirements.
This is the zone in which the laser scanner is able to detect the presence of an obstacle approaching the safety zone.
The occupation of this zone causes the switching of the auxiliary output that can be used to activate light or sound signals or in order to slow down the hazardous movement.
This zone is generally larger than the safety zone. In this case also the shape of the zone can be programmed according to the application requirements.
ADVANTAGES OF THE LASER SCANNER
- No receiving and reflecting elements
- Simple programming of differently-shaped controlled areas
- Monitoring and protection of large areas
- Horizontal mount for the detection of the body in a dangerous area
- Vertical mount for the detection of hands and arms or for the detection of the body in access control
- Use on moving vehicles (AGVs)
- Measurement of object size, shape and position
- Fast and reliable installation
Next ... Applications